This year’s Mercy in Action Day will take place on Saturday, October 23rd. (Please note date change). Our projects will be a BBQ for the families at the Samaritas Family Shelter and first aid kits for the guests of the Pope Francis Center.
We need your help to make our BBQ a success! Our Mercy-in-Action project this year is in support of the Westland Samaritas Family Shelter – one of few Shelters in Michigan where families are kept together in a warm, Christian, environment. We are providing foods and games for over 50 children (plus parents) – in the first outdoor activity for the shelter since COVID began. We really need help shopping for burgers, hot dogs, salads, drinks, and other picnic basics. Please sign up now at https://bit.ly/FunFair2021 and deliver items to Resurrection between Oct. 18 – 20th. Or let us know if you can help with the BBQ on Saturday, October 23 from 10 to 2. There will also be sign-up after Masses on October 9-10. Thank you for blessing these families in their time of need.
* First Aid Kits for the Pope Francis Center…thank you for the first aid items being dropped off in the tub in the Gathering Space. Collection of these items will end the weekend of October 16/17. If it is not possible to find jellies, lubricants, ointments in a size that can fit in a ‘sandwich’ size bag, larger sizes will be donated to the Center office to be broken down into small, marked envelopes for the guests. The Center can always use cough and cold medications and pain relievers such as Tylenol, Advil, etc. that they distribute to guests upon request.
· Adhesive tape
· Elastic wrap bandages
· Bandages and ‘butterfly’ bandages in assorted sizes
· Nonstick sterile bandages in assorted sizes
· Cotton balls and cotton-tipped swabs
· Petroleum jelly or other lubricant
· Hand sanitizer
· Antibiotic ointment
· Antiseptic towelettes (alcohol wipes)
Whatever comes from the heart touches every other heart.