The Christian Service Commission exists as a model and resource of Catholic social teaching to enable the entire parish community to put the social teaching of the church into action. The commission empowers the members of the parish to fulfill the church’s mission of love, justice, freedom and peace under the mantle of evangelization by responding in an organized way to social and individual needs. The commission creates and promotes programs that address human needs and achieve justice whether locally or in the broader communities of the vicariate, region, archdiocese, state, nation and world. This commission is made up of at-large members and the chairs of the respective ministries.
- ONGOING: John Bolde Food Depot - year round collection of non-perishable food delivered on Fridays; Pope Francis Center Volunteer Sandwich ministry runs from Monday after Labor Day until Memorial Day - sandwiches delivered Saturday/Sunday; driver picks up on Sunday and delivers on Monday; Funeral Meals/Meals for Homebound depends upon requests.
- January: Disburse monies via the December Outreach applications, Right to Life Speaker, Luminaries for Life distribution, Mass for the Unborn Jan 22
- February: Pope Francis Center annual soup mix sale - just prior to Lent
- March: Right to Life Baby Shower for AAA Pregnancy Center; Vegetable Garden preparation begins
- April: Right to Life fundraiser for Wee Care
- April/May: St. Vincent de Paul Spring Clothing Drive; Spring La Mora Clinic Fundraiser
Photos of LaMora Clinic, El Salvador
- May: Right to Life Mother's Day flower sale; Semi-Annual Outreach Application requests
- June: Right to Life Father's Day pen/candy sale; speaker one week prior to Father's Day; Selection and disbursement of Outreach Application requests; Select activities for Mercy in Action project(s) in October
- August/September: Annual St. Vincent de Paul Walk for the Poor...seeks both walkers and pledges; Mercy in Action volunteer sign-up
- October: Right to Life speaker; Mercy in Action projects; Select recipients of Jesse Tree; St. Vincent de Paul Fall Clothing Drive; Fall LaMora Clinic fundraiser
- November: Semi-annual Outreach Application requests; Christmas card sale for Lifespan; Jesse Tree tag distribution; Journey to housing annual fundraiser (may request the sale of tickets, both dinner and raffle); Selection of recipients of Outreach Application requests
For all those getting married at Resurrection, please contact the parish office to begin the marriage preparation process.